Two months later, the office was moved to the Co-op building in Dundalk.
In 1945, the name of the Credit Union was changed from Wareham to Dundalk. That same year, Dundalk was the first credit union in Ontario to offer chequing services to members and maximum loan limits were raised from $100.00 to $250.00
In June 1959, Dundalk District Credit Union Limited reached its first million dollars in assets. In the early 1960’s the present day Dundalk office building was erected. In 1986, the credit union installed its first computer system. A night depository was installed in 1990 and we purchased the property at the rear of the credit union building in 1991 in order to provide more parking for members. The McMillan furniture building (south of the existing credit union) was purchased in the late 1990’s to expand the Dundalk building to accommodate additional offices and a boardroom. A drive-thru ATM, debit cards, and on-line banking services were also introduced around this time. In 2007, the credit union expanded again by opening a second location in the Feversham area.
The credit union was originally formed as a co-operative to assist local farmers by providing credit when needed to operate their farm businesses. Agricultural credit remains a large part of the credit union’s business to this day, but over the years Dundalk has expanded to offer full service to commercial and personal account holders too. Today Dundalk Credit Union serves a membership of over 2500 with assets of approximately $45,000,000.00.